Looking Through Cat’s Eyes
Hand carved fine silver cat pendant with a 925 sterling silver necklace.
A shallow grave site discovered in 1983 in Cyprus, dating to 7500 BCE, during the Neolithic period, contains the skeleton of a human, buried ceremonially with stone tools, a lump of iron oxide, and a handful of seashells. In its own tiny grave 40 centimeters from the human grave was an eight-month-old cat, its body oriented in the same westward direction as the human skeleton. Cats are not native to Cyprus; they must have been brought over by boat. This is evidence that cats were being tamed as our companions just as early as humankind was establishing the first civilizations.
- This necklace was created and finished by hand, and only one of its kind.
- Please treat your handmade jewelry with gentle care to ensure it lasts a lifetime.
- The pendant itself is made out of fine silver, which is 99.9% pure silver. In this form the metal is beautiful and does not tarnish.
- Avoid salt water, chlorinated water and chemicals/perfumes to keep your silver in it’s true sparkle.
- Silver jewellery pieces are easy to clean and get back to their original state if signs of wear do occur.
- Please ensure your jewellery is stored in the box and pouch it came in when not in use.