Handmade fine silver pendant with a diamond and freshwater pearls.
This pendant was inspired by Salvador Dali’s 1931 painting of melting clocks, representing, according to Dali, “the camembert of time”. Time can’t be turned backward and it isn’t tightly bound to memory; it is a shape-shifting thing subject to the elements and the imagination.
“Try to imagine a life without timekeeping. You probably can’t. You know the month, the year, the day of the week. There is a clock on your wall or the dashboard of your car. You have a schedule, a calendar, a time for dinner or a movie. Yet all around you, timekeeping is ignored. Birds are not late. A dog does not check its watch. Deer do not fret over passing birthdays. Man alone measures time. Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures. A fear of time running out.”
- Mitch Albom, The Time Keeper
- Please note, this is a choker style necklace. Length is approximately 16 inches, including chain extender.
- This necklace was created and finished by hand entirely, and only one of its kind.
- Avoid salt water, chlorinated water and chemicals/perfumes to keep your silver in it’s true sparkle.
- The pendant itself is made out of fine silver, which is 99.9% pure silver. In this form the metal is beautiful and does not tarnish.
- I recommend having breaks between wearing jewellery, as anything will show signs of wear after prolonged use.
- Silver jewellery pieces are easy to clean and get back to their original state if signs of wear do occur.