Handmade sterling silver pendant set with natural blue spot jasper featuring freshwater pearls and lapis lazuli. This pendant was inspired by the garden of paradise. Often depicted in ancient artworks such as Persian miniatures.
Carved by hand in wax and cast in silver.
"People often talk about Paradise being a garden. The garden of Eden is seen to be paradise. The word Paradise comes from the Persian word pairidaezas which means ‘Walled Garden’. The notion of Paradise as a garden predates Islam, Judaism, Christianity and even the Garden of Eden. It stems from the Sumerian period 4000BC in Mesopotamia. Shade and water are two important elements of paradise. In the epic of Gilgamesh there is a description of a tree next to a fount in the Garden of the Gods."
- Avoid salt water, chlorinated water and chemicals/perfumes to keep your silver in it’s true sparkle.
- I recommend having breaks between wearing jewellery, as anything will show signs of wear after prolonged use.
- Silver jewellery pieces are easy to clean and get back to their original state if signs of wear do occur.
- Each piece of jewellery comes with an anti-tarnish tab, to protect your silver from tarnish and corrosion when not in use.
- Please ensure your jewellery is stored in the box and pouch it came in when not in use.