The Persistence of Memory
Sterling silver pendant with a gold plated sterling silver frame. Entirely handcrafted in wax then cast in silver. Includes 925 silver chain.
This pendant was inspired by Salvador Dali’s 1931 painting of melting clocks, representing, according to Dali, “the camembert of time”. Time can’t be turned backward and it isn’t tightly bound to memory; it is a shape-shifting thing subject to the elements and the imagination.
“Try to imagine a life without timekeeping. You probably can’t. You know the month, the year, the day of the week. There is a clock on your wall or the dashboard of your car. You have a schedule, a calendar, a time for dinner or a movie. Yet all around you, timekeeping is ignored. Birds are not late. A dog does not check its watch. Deer do not fret over passing birthdays. Man alone measures time. Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures. A fear of time running out.”
- Mitch Albom, The Time Keeper
- Avoid salt water, chlorinated water and chemicals/perfumes to keep your silver in it’s true sparkle.
- I recommend having breaks between wearing jewellery, as anything will show signs of wear after prolonged use.
- Silver jewellery pieces are easy to clean and get back to their original state if signs of wear do occur.
- Each piece of jewellery comes with an anti-tarnish tab, to protect your silver from tarnish and corrosion when not in use.
- Please ensure your jewellery is stored in the box and pouch it came in when not in use.